Spring has sprung, and so hasn’t the urge to deep clean your space. But why stop at just cleaning up the physical space around you? This is the perfect time of year to do a digital spring cleaning too!
When was the last time you looked at your subscriptions list? This could mean emails that you are subscribed to (and maybe even ones you don’t remember signing up for). But it could also mean cleaning up your email subscriber list, by taking out the people who are no longer active, or are not interacting with your content.
Here are 3 easy steps you can take to clean up YOUR inbox:
- Filter through your subscriptions, and unsubscribe from the ones you are no longer interested in receiving. This will make a huge difference in the emails you receive daily.
- Set filters/ rules for your inbox, sending specific emails to designated folders for easy sorting.
- Clean out your trash/ spam folders. Most people don’t realize that when you “delete” an email, it doesn’t remove the email permanently from your inbox. You still need to go to your trash folder and select “delete forever”. This will make your inbox load faster!
? PIN IT
Cleaning up your subscriber list can take a bit more energy, so we suggest setting aside some focused time to complete this task. But you won’t regret it once it’s done!
You’re probably asking yourself, why would I want to take people off my subscriber list? Isn’t that the point, to have as many people receiving my emails as possible!? Well… yes and no. The main objective is to have the RIGHT people receiving your emails. Quality over quantity!
3 Reasons why cleaning your subscriber list will help you in the long run:
- Depending on the email distribution service you use, subscribers can cost you money! Scrubbing out inactive subscribers can save on marketing costs. You’ll pay less a month for 5,000 subscribers than you would for 15,000.
- You don’t want your business name associated with the word “spam”. Deleting subscribers who do not connect to your content will pull you away from the “s” word.
- Your metrics will reflect more accurate results! If you focus more on the subscribers who are interested in your content VS the ones who just delete it, then your analytics will accurately reflect the open/ bounce rate of your emails.
Cleaning can sometimes feel like a very daunting task, but once you start it’s smooth sailing, and you’ll feel SO great after it’s done. Maybe it’s our inner nerd here at WanderWeb but there’s nothing better than a clean and organized space! Even a digital one. Happy Spring Cleaning!!
Apply to be on our waitlist for web design and local search engine optimization, and we would love your referral!
Here’s the link to a free 15- minute consultation to use or share.